Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Number Three and I must confess...

OK, I must confess .. the main reason I started blogging was to make money...  just a few dollars here and there to keep me amused... a dollar might not seem like much but here in South Africa it's like a gazillion rands (I'm exaggerating of course...just in case some rednecks decide to hop in an airplane to SA hoping to live the high life)...

These days, you have to use any avenue you can find to generate some extra cash, especially if you are facing liquidation and all the nastiness that comes with it (damn those personal sureties)...  I considered quite a few different online money making options...things like affiliate marketing, pay per click and reseller agreements.  So if you see an ad or plug for some affiliate site, don't hesitate to click... you would have my undying gratitude and once I am rolling in the extra hundreds of rands, I will repay your kind gesture by buying myself something nice and thinking of you all fondly when I use it.

As I was saying before I rudely interrupted myself, there are various ways to make money online ... some require lots of time and some are downright scams.  One in particular comes to mind... the infamous work from home scam.. I was tempted to try it out, but then when I sent my details through to them, I received a nice e-mail stating that if I purchased their starter pack I would then be able to start making thousands of rands working from home.  I smelled something fishy and I was right.. apparently what these con artists were doing is creating a pyramid scheme of sorts.  The starter pack you received would basically show you how to advertise your own "Work from Home" scam and you would make money by getting some other poor sob to buy the starter pack from you, thus creating a new generation of people placing adverts advertising the scam.  It's clever but a definite con.  If you were considering signing up for one of these and my post has made you think otherwise, then my job is done. That said though, there are quite a few legitimate ways to make money online, and I will be trying these out and will endeavour to let you know how you could do the same.  Just my way of paying it forward...

No comments:

Post a Comment